“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Saturday, January 10, 2009

This should be against the law!!! PLEASE HELP!!!





Ok...so this is my new project...our basement, ahhhhhhh! I am not really sure what the people before us had in mind. The rest of the house is just fine....it's like they had a deep, dark secret down in the basement. Up until this point, I have just had the basement be the kids huge playroom. We recently moved the girls into the room that is just further down from the basement. I really hate having to walk through this room every night! Oh and yes...those are deer on the wall! They even put in spot lights shining directly onto the deer...it scared my mom half to death when she came up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night soon after we moved in!



Anyway...this is where I need help.

I have been staring at this fire place heater thingy trying to decide what I am going to do. It is horrid and I don't use it because it is gas and it freaks me out.
So I am turning to you creative people! Any ideas? If you have any suggestions, I would be ever so grateful!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Leave it just as is... i think the mural on the wall is relaxing sort of in a hunting kind of way.

Amanda said...

Yeah, all you need is a chandelier made of antlers, and a talking moose head. : )

Seriously though, I have no ideas. I am not creative or good with decor.

Andrea said...

Why don't you just update the fireplace and get one that isn't older than you. Maybe you'd feel safer using it.