“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Mr. President!

I was so excited on Tuesday to watch President Obama being sworn in as the new President of the United States! It was such a touching, amazing moment as we watched history in the making! I was brought to tears more than I expected and couldn't help but be excited about the future! My favorite part was watching the children that were at the different sights watching the speech of the President. The look in their eyes, even though some were so young, looked as though they new something very important was happening.

There is a beautiful song on this website that my mom told me about...until 10pm tonight it is free to download.

http://www.oprah.com/article/world/peopleandpolitics/pkginauguration/20090119_tows_americassong

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I got super excited and teary too! I have a lot of hope. I love the benediction when the dude talked about all the colors. Do you remember that part? Hilarious.