“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Friday, January 2, 2009

The Greatest New Years Eve!

When we first started discussing our plans for New Years Eve, I will admit, I was a little bummed. Tad and his brother had great tickets to the USU bball game and wouldn't be home until 10. I am not really ready yet to let my kids stay up until midnight...they tend to be a little cranky when they stay up past 8:30. So I got into planning mode! We had a blast! We made sock puppets!


We had a parade...(the kids were hilarious!!!) I have video of it...but I just got my video camera and haven't downloaded the software yet...I will have to post it later!
Then we had sparkling cider and cheesecake!



Then came the countdown...at 7:59! Bring on the pots and pans!(more video!)


Then the fireworks (well maybe just some little poppers, but they still had fun!)



Then Bed!!!
It was such a fun night! It was fun to celebrate when Tad and Tyler got home too! Happy 2009 everyone!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Too cute! You are so good about planning stuff like that! Me not so much, but wish I was. You are making some really awesome memories with your kids.