“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our Luck!




This is Livia's fix for not wanting to wear tights, but wanting to wear a skirt. Pants. It looks hilarious and I try to talk her out of it, but she thinks that it looks beautiful...my own little Fancy Nancy(Livia!).
I was in love with last week! Finally nice, spring days. The kids played outside endlessly! We got out the bikes, went to the park and covered all visible cement in chalk...it was bliss! Oh and my windows...they were all wide open...it just made me so happy inside! (sorry for all of the pictures on my blog...I kind of like to take a lot!!!)


And on a nice spring day...this is what my afternoon was like!
But of course it was all too good to be true! We knew that it was going to be one of those not so quiet Sunday's at our house. Tad was having to take off for Ohio on Sunday because they had early meetings on Monday morning. He was going to attend Sacrament with us and then take off for the airport. I was teaching YW. It was all planned out perfectly. Until Aurianna went from fine to when Tad came home after his church meetings to pick us up...she was running 103.5 fever. Tad had to run down and find the mia maid teacher to take my class. I am so thankful for the power of the Priesthood. With him running out the door and knowing that I was going to be going solo for 10 days with sick kids, it was so comforting to have him give Aurianna a blessing.


So now it is Wednesday...Aurianna's fever is finally down, although now she has a horrible cold. Poor girl had to have some horrible tests done at the doctors on Monday. I can count on one hand how many times Aurianna has been sick in her life. Because of that, she doesn't deal with it very well. I think that she will be good to go back to school tomorrow though!!! She is really excited to get back. This is the first time that she has missed school this year. We stopped by her school on Monday to get her homework...19 pages for 3 days....ya, that is not a typing error, 19 pages. I am convinced that by next year (2nd grade) I am not going to be able to help her with her math homework.(good thing she has an uncle that is a math teacher!!!) She is memorizing her times tables right now. Shock. Pretty sure I didn't learn that stuff when I was in first grade.

I haven't slept for about three days, and I am ready to punch something because the snow won't stop. But, on the up side, because we haven't been able to go anywhere for three days...my laundry is DONE!!! I am just crossing my fingers that the other two stay healthy...probably won't happen, but one can always dream right!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Those are awesome park pictures. Nice job. Plus it looks so warm!

Lisanne said...

I am sorry to read you guys have been sick. It has been a long Winter and I think we are all ready for it to be over. We had that same thing in February, high fevers and a cough. Yuck! We would love to do a day with you guys at the zoo when things warm up! Let's just hope it warms up soon! Good luck with Tad gone.
Lisanne

Retta Annie said...

I love the pix of the girls in their dance costumes...can't wait to see the video and bring them the ballerina figurines I got for them....I wish I wouldn't have been so sick myself last week so I could have been there!

Absolutely Adorable Ashby Idols said...

It's been fun to catch up on your wonderful "blog". You are all busy,busy,busy! I love it all, the bunny chair covers, the adorable dancers, the painted on creative Spiderman...the stories...it makes me feel so connected with what you do. I can't wait to see the dance recital video. Thanks, honey.
Love ... mom