“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Friday, March 13, 2009

Messes!




I have been in the mood....the mood to make some huge messes...and it has rubbed off onto my kids! This has been a good and a bad thing...the good, we have had a blast, the bad, it takes a lot of work to clean up a good, fun mess! We have baked, colored, play dohed, made forts and plenty of little messes in between! I got out all of the painting stuff the other day and let the kids go at it! They created some beautiful Spring pictures, hoping that Mother Nature would get a clue!




(Aurianna is so thrilled to have her picture taken once again!)

Yesterday, everyone took their messes into their own hands. I woke up to the sound of cheerful voices coming from the kitchen. I came down stairs (it was 6:45). The girls were on the counter mixing up their very own cookies. They had the cookbooks out and everything. I have no idea how long they had been up. And oh the mess...flour all over the floor and the chairs and the kids. It was one of those great mornings when an hour feels like it goes by in 15 minutes. But we did make it to school on time!

(For some reason Aurianna is wearing Livia's PJs)

It had been a long day...Tad was finishing a paper (1 1/2 more classes to go!!!) and I was ready to snuggle up and watch a little Ugly Betty (I know I probably shouldn't be, but I am addicted). I guess the dog was feeling a little left out (maybe i should have let him paw paint!). I brought him in from out back and this is what I found...

My husband saved the day by bringing me a dozen red roses! Thanks honey! As for my mess making mood...I think tomorrow we will play with ublick!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You are such an amazing mom! Where do you come up with some of these ideas? I can tell you are making their childhoods absolutely magical.
I let the girls bake a cake the other day of their own recipe. Lots and lots of pepper. But they added enough other stuff that it actually baked up! And it wasn't horrible!
Miss you.

Becky said...

I LOVE FORTS!!!!