“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Join us on the alligator to go wimming!

Oh three year old language! I think one of my favorite things about being a mom to toddlers is hearing the words that come out of their mouths! When I got home from being on vacation, Tad left a few days later to work in California. I was watching Livia one day; I could tell that she was thinking about something really hard. So, I asked her what she was thinking about. She said, "Why do you and dad get to stay in hotel's all the time and we never get to?" Someone must have been listening, because a week later she was jumping on the bed at the Hampton Inn! Tad's flight got canceled this week and he had the SLC manager quit so we met him down in Salt Lake on Friday and stayed over night! You would have thought that we were at Disneyland! They had to turn on the TV, pile all the pillows onto one bed and visit the ice machine all within the first five minutes of arriving! They were acting like they had never been in a hotel before! I couldn't help remembering every time my mom took us to a hotel and how we did the exact same things! Trey had had his swimming suit on since he woke up! Every time we had to go somewhere I would change him and he would change back into his suit the second we walked in the door. After we ate, we all got our swimming suits on. Trey kept coming up and pulling on my arm. He said, "Mom, can we take the alligator to the wimming pool?" I looked at him confused as to how he thought we were taking an alligator to a swimming pool. I told him that we didn't have an alligator. He looked at me confused and said I just want to push the buttons on the alligator. All of the sudden the light came on...he meant elevator!!! The kids all took a vote on Saturday morning and decided that they all want to move into a hotel. Someone else cleans your room and makes your bed, you get all you can eat breakfast, and they bring clean towels to you any time you pick up the phone and push 0. Wait...they have a mom that does all that stuff...I think that I want to move into a hotel!!!

No comments: