“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Friday, February 13, 2009

Thursday's Adventures

To finish our Thursday...
First off... our hotel is on the only Korean street in the whole city of NY! Out side of our first room's window(yes we have had two rooms so far...I will get to that in a minute), we had a lovely view into another buildings window of what we swear is a sweat shop...I swear, it really looked like it!
We had a blast walking around Time's Square and ate at this little pizza place...the pizza was awesome! Watching the people was incredible! The tourists to the guys on the side of the street wanting to sale you things, they were all so fun to watch! We walked on and on forever, going in and out of shops! We ended up over by the Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall!
We went inside Rockefeller Center and as we were walking down the hall I heard this guy say that Hugh Jackman just walked through the door. Alex and I turned around and all of the sudden there he was, and bumped right into Alex's shoulder!
Poor guy, he couldn't even walk into the NBC studio, he was completely surrounded...an accidental shoulder bumping was good enough for us though!!!
Our next adventure was long after Alex started snoring! While sitting on the bed trying to blog, I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I stopped looked over and there is a little brown mouse looking at me...on the 9th floor, Ahhhhhhhh! I panicked of course, do I wake up Alex, can't call Tad, he is at school, called mom, who talked me into having enough courage to get off the bed and over to the phone. See the problem is, this isn't a little Smithfield field mouse, this is a yucky, dirty new york mouse...I was not going to sleep at all. They of course told me they would change our room...but now the hard part...waking Alex up. He was not amused, all though he did think that I was joking. He then proceeded to confuse these girls in the elevator talking about mice and how they better watch out. I think he was still half asleep and I am pretty sure they didn't speak English. There better not be any mice up on the 12th floor!

No comments: