“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Friday, February 13, 2009

Forget a' bought it!

Hello from New York City!!!
How do I begin? I guess I will start from the wave goodbye. My sweet husband had spent the day mapping out every subway line we would need to take while we were here and then putting a detailed itinerary together for him and the kids and now he was ready to take over the reigns! They all stood in the garage, after a lot of hugs and kisses and me trying to hold back the flood of tears that was about to explode. Livia and Trey finally realized what was actually happening and while Tad tried to get them all to do the booty dance to send mom off, picture it now, Trey and Livia with huge tears and scrunched up faces shaking their bums and waving madly! So cute! I cried until I was to the canyon...and then started laughing hysterically at Livia's comment at dinner before I left....
Livia: "How come mom is going on a vacation without all of us?"
Tad: "Well sometimes mom's need breaks from little Kiddos."
Livia: (without a second of hesitation) "Well sometimes mommies need breaks from Daddy's too."

So now here I am...New York, New York!

Alex and I got here at about three o'clock and the adventures began! We went out to get a cab and the next thing we knew we had a cabbie grabbing Alex's bag and telling him to follow him. We asked if he was a cab and if it was the 45 dollars flat rate, he said "ya, ya". But before we knew it, he was leading us to a SUV. I thought...we are here for 5 minutes and we are already getting picked up by a guy who is going to take us down to the meat packing district and take all of our money and valuables...you gotta be kidding me! Don't worry though.... we asked for his id and cab license...he was legit! Nice guy too, talked to us all the way to our hotel, pointing out his favorite city landmarks...the 99 cent store!

After getting into our hotel, we headed down to Times Square. It was only a few blocks from our hotel, so we decided to walk and see all of the stores along the way!
Ok...I am going to post pictures now and finish the story later...off to the empire state building!




2 comments:

Absolutely Adorable Ashby Idols said...

Fun,fun,fun! I remember seeing that "Tad's Steakhouse" when I went. Pizza looks good. Bring us home a piece. I'm loving this...ENJOY!

Love, your good ol' Mom

Tiff said...

Yeah! I'm so excited that you're there and POSTING PICTURES already!!! So fun. We'll just say that that pizza slice had a "set" point value of 3, hehe. I've been eating like I'm on vacation with you, lol. Can't wait for more. Keep posting!