“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bunnies, shaved dogs and PERMANENT MARKER...

Very odd title, I know...but since I last posted there have been way too many things going on, therefore way too many things to blog about. Every morning I plan to blog after the kids go to bed and every night I am so dag blasted tired, I just want to sit and veg. If anyone has any ideas on how to get my adorable three year old to sleep in his own bed the entire night through, I would greatly appreciate it. He has been at it for three months now, so my night consists of waking, taking him back to his bed, laying there waiting for him to re-enter my bed and repeating this cycle at least three more times. Ok...back to bunnies...

These are the cute chair covers that we made this week! They were really easy and the kids had a blast making their own bunny face! I planned on doing all ten chairs, but ran out of steam...maybe next year we will finish the other six! I looked for white pillow cases, that would have made the project even more simple, but couldn't find any. I ended up just sewing these. You can get a template for the face here,Onto our shaved dog...I took the dog to the groomer this week...I have before and after photos....
BEFORE

AFTER
The kids think that Kaya looks like Bolt...Tad things that he looks like a girl squirrel...oh well, I am just happy he won't be shedding as much now!!!


Two seconds....that is all the time Trey needs to destroy, create, or make a mess....The day Tad was coming home (after 10 days of being gone)...Trey discovered my huge (well hid) permanent marker (you know the big ones for writing on boxes) and did this to himself....when asked why, he said...(in a loud, make mom realize how important this moment was to me voice), "I AM THE BLACK SPIDERMAN!!! I think that Barney and Maggie and the Ferocious Beast just weren't doing it for Tad while I was gone...lesson learned!!! A few other things that we have been up to....

Home made play dough....Livia and Trey were fascinated by this, thinking that play dough only came from Wal Mart....Aurianna remembered the yester years when we used to have homemade play dough parties, ya that doesn't really happen anymore!!!

Pillow case slides....

Salt dough Easter figures...

And the park....







3 comments:

Janalee Hubbard said...

I am amazed at how many fun things you do with your kids, they are lucky to have such a fun mom! Those bunny covers are A-dorable, and your dog doesn't even look like the same dog! I can't believe Trey did that to his arms- although I shouldn't be surprised cause I have a boy who pretended to be spiderman for a long time too. The things they come up with!!! How long before that came off?

BTW, I haven't forgot about the tag, I just feel the same as you that there is so much to blog about and not enough time to do the things I want to!

Becky said...

Where do I start?? You are so stinkin creative! I know you are probably thinking.. they are pillow cases but who can think of doing stuff like that? I always grew up with homemade playdough... i need the recipe from you. Your dog... oh my... doesn't even look like the same dog to be honest. Trey drawing on himself? Oh goodness.. Trey. That is great he thought of himself as the dark spiderman. So... did he draw on anything is is the big question for me....

It was so fun to finally see you this week!

Love ya!

Lisanne said...

How did you get the marker off Trey's arms? Crazy boy!
Lisanne