“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Monday, April 20, 2009

For Good....

For Christmas my amazing Mom surprised me with Wicked tickets! Saturday finally came and I think that we called each other every hour giddy as little school girls until dinner time! Even the sweet waiter at Market Street said, "wow, something big must be happening tonight!" The only word that I can use to describe it is AMAZING! I left wanting to gather it all up and take it home with me in my pocket to re-live it over and over again! We were on the third row from the stage and could see the singers spit as they hit the high notes (lovely I know...but again amazing!!!)!

I didn't realize that I was going to be touched so much by the show. It made me think a lot about my Aunt Becky. The song that I have playing on my playlist, For Good, was sung at her funeral. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her since I came home. She was also amazing! She was one of my very best friends in the entire world. She was beautiful, smart, loving and so many more things. There was never a time in my life that we couldn't talk for hours upon hours. When I was growing up I couldn't wait for a chance to be around my Aunt...it was like soaking in rays of sunshine. She always had a smile on her face. And as I got older and got married, our situations were so much a like. Our kids (although about 16 years apart), were the exact same distance apart, 3 years and then 15 months. And our husbands both traveled. I knew that I could always call her and say, "How did you do this with him being gone...?" and she always had an answer and uplifting words to say. She loved my kids so much and they loved her. I still have a hard time accepting that a simple accident took her away from us much too early. But I am so thankful for all the things that she taught me. Her sweet words of encouragement are always in the back of my head on the hard days. Her love for life make me strive to live everyday to the fullest. Soon after she passed away, I miscarried. I still remember Livia who was so confused by everything that had taken place within just a short month, climbing on my lap one day and saying that Aunt Becky was lonely and that is why our baby went to live with her. I hope that that is true. I hope that my sweet baby is being rocked by my dear sweet Aunt. I can't think of anyone else that I would want to take my place. She truly touched my world for good and I am a better person, mom, wife, friend, daughter because of her. I love you Aunt Becky.















5 comments:

Janalee Hubbard said...

Wow, I wish I had an Aunt Becky too. You are blessed to have such a special relationship with her! I'm very sorry about your miscarriage too. What a great tribute to your aunt, I'm sure she is very pleased to know that her legacy lives on through your thoughts and all the little things she taught you that she probably didn't even realize she was teaching.

Janalee Hubbard said...

Hey, how about Thursday at 1:30 at the park? There's a chance of showers, but I'm hoping it's more in the evening. My older kids get home from school at 3:00 so I'm good until then.

Becky said...

and now i am crying.... Oh Aunt Becky. She really was a ray of sunshine! In the short time that I knew I feel like I got a great piece. She was amazing. I always felt like if you weren't having the best of days she would be the first to compliment you in some way to make you feel like a princess. We will all miss you Aunt Becky.

I had no idea Livia said that. I love those words already.

Absolutely Adorable Ashby Idols said...

Thanks, sweetheart! Your words bring me comfort and peace. Aren't we lucky to know that FAMILY means so much. I can't help but think how grateful I am that we never took advantage of relationships or time. I'm glad we captured all those wonderful moments that allowed us to collect all the memories we have collected so far.

We'll cherrish those memories made and relish in and get excited about the memories still yet to be made.

Thanks for being my "Wicked" partner and thanks even more for being such an amazing person...just a little side note...you and your Aunt Becky had an remarkable relationship...I think it started when you were just a few days old and your Aunt Becky decided to paint your tiny little nails BRIGHT LIPSTICK RED! You two remained so very close. She adored and admired you so much. Thanks for sharing your touching tribute to her.

Kiss those adorable grandchildren of mine. Love, Mom

Nicole said...

YOu are amazing too Milana. Never forget that! I wish I could say that I had that kind of relationship with an aunt, or one of my nieces or nephews.