“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I love everything about this time of the year! The traditions, the baking, the decorating, the crafts, the hot cider, the shopping, the giving, the party's!!! I can't believe the month is already half over! So a little catching up (for journaling purposes).
I gave the lesson in RS on Sunday (sooo glad that is over!)
On Monday we hosted the annual neighborhood party! Everyone brought a goody to share and then brought food to donate to the local food pantry! We had a great turn out and it was wonderful to see every square in of our house bursting at the seams with happy, chatty people! The kids loved playing in our basement, good thing they don't mind the gigantic deer pictures on the wall (pictures of that will be posted soon because it is going to be my January project!)!
Last night Jess and I had our girls night out! Olive Garden and a funny movie...just what the doctor ordered! We went and saw Ghost Town and laughed so hard we were crying! The kids and Tad had a blast going to El Sol (the kids fav)!
Tonight is our ward Christmas party! I am #5 in the 12 days of Christmas. The activity director claimed that I wasn't a shy one in our ward...I beg to differ...I am royally freaked out over just saying one line over and over again!

I am completely done with shopping for Christmas. I kept it really simple this year...One thing from Santa with stockings, and then three simple gifts... a want, a need and a treasure. The treasure was easy because Tad has given the girls every year since they were born a Precious Moment for Christmas. A need, I made the girls the patch skirts that are posted over on the side here. I of course could only make the skirt, so I bought the rest of the outfit. My kids love to cook! They are always making stuff and wanting to help me in the kitchen, so I made them the most adorable aprons and then at Bed, Bath and Beyond I found a kit that has mini cookie pans and measuring cups and wisks! Anyway, I kept it really simple this year and hopefully we will be able to remember the spirit of Christmas, more than the craziness of it.
The kids and I have been making cookies, getting Christmas pictures taken, seeing Santa and wrapping a ton! It has been so much fun!


The kids are excited about our second annual Cookie Exchange! The kids just passed out their invitations yesterday! They turned out really cute!
Click to play
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting


Ok, one last thing...(I seriously need to start posting daily, sorry this is so long). I made this wassail for the party Monday...it is always a favorite and so easy!
Click to play
Create your own recipe - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox recipe

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I still remember our girls night out. Good times. We are going easy on gifts this year too. I'm excited about it. It almost makes the ones they do get more important.