“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Meeting talks, licking pine cones & 74 year old cheerleaders!

I know, I know...you are questioning what I could possibly be talking about with a crazy heading like that...well I will end the suspense, it is my thankful list. As I have been reflecting on the things that I am thankful for in my life, almost everything is centered on the blessing of my three sweet children. I am so thankful that I get to spend my days (& sometimes nights!) experiencing everything wonderful and odd and funny and lovely that they bring into our lives! So on we go into the stories that keep me laughing and on my toes and wanting to crawl into bed at 8 o'clock every night!







Meeting Talks...




Cutes is absolutely a joy...she is sunshine...she wakes in the morning with a smile and ends her day still so full of life and wanting more. She creates like nobodies business. The wheels in her head are always moving. Tonight for instance she was in our basement for two minutes before she had her brother and sister putting together the most amazing fort with bridges that they could walk over and everything! She loves writing us notes! She hangs them on our mirrors, leaves them in our cars or anywhere else she can think of! I think that my hubby has a stack in his suitcase that he takes with him any time he is out of town!




Tonight as we were getting ready for bed, she went in to use the restroom and invited her sister in with her. As I was wrestling to get 3Ps pajamas on I overheard her say, "Sister, it's time for a meeting talk!" (Because I didn't have a sister, whenever my girls are showing 'sisterly bonding', I am all for it. Whether that means moving their beds closer together, giggling till at ten at night...I say bond, bond, bond!!!) I took 3P upstairs and the girls soon followed. Lips said, "Mom, we haven't had family prayer yet." I said that I knew, I was just waiting for them, but that I was proud of them that they reminded me. Cutes spoke up and said, "Yeah Mom, that's what we talk about in our meeting talks...all the sacred stuff that we need to know about!" I hope that the meeting talks always continue, although I am sure one day they will be more about clothes and boys and hopefully a little still about the "sacred stuff that they need to know about!"








Licking Pine cones...




Sounds yummy huh! Well you had to know that this one was about 3P! One of my favorite things to buy come December are those yummy cinnamon smelling pine cones! I brought them home the other day and placed them in a basket over the heater so that the cinnamon will feel up the front room. 3P came in and said..."ooh, that smells yummy. What are you making?" I showed him that it was the pine cones. I went into the other room and when I returned he was standing there licking the pine cone like it was a sucker. I couldn't believe it. I never in my wildest would imagine anyone licking a pine cone, no matter what it had on it. I think that I need to make cinnamon suckers this week!








74 year old cheerleaders...




Lips is a very thoughtful, deep thinker, who at times seems to (in her mind) have all things figured out. So I will go on with the conversation that she had with my friend Jessica.








Jessica: Lips, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Lips: I want to be a princess.
Jessica: Oh, I think that you already are a princess.
Lips: No, right now I am Lips. But one day when I am 8 I will be a princess.
Jessica: Oh(thinking of what to ask her next)
Lips: and then I am going to be a doctor.
Jessica: a doctor, that seems like a good thing to be
Lips: Yes, and then I think that when I am 74 I will be a cheerleader
Jessica: You are going to go from being a princess to a doctor to a cheerleader!
Lips: Yep...Utah State HEY AGGIES ALL THE WAY!
Jessica: (just trying not to burst out laughing)
Lips: and when I am 78 I am going to be one of those girls at Lee's that puts my mommies groceries into the bags!


I can't help but picture a 78 year old Lips with a tiara on bagging groceries doing back flips over to help a lady who just dropped a case of cream of chicken soup onto her foot!




How lucky am I that I get to hear the words that come out of my children's mouths! This is my thankful list this year...the innocent minds of children and the love that they have for life!








1 comment:

Amanda said...

Very nice. You are a good mom.