“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Two kids


The other day I was driving in the car and I asked all the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up and how many kids they wanted. I ask these questions every so often just to see if their answers have changed.  This is how the conversation went…

Me: Trey, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Trey: A Fireman.
Me: awesome! Livia, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Livia: A cheerleader, like a professional one. Then I want to be a doctor, oh and a fashion designer. And of course a mom. Yep…thats what I want to be!
Trey: Wait, I want to be a fireman and a pilot. And I want to be a Dad, I really, really want to be a Dad!
Me: Aurianna, what do you want to be?
Aurianna: A professional soccer or basketball player!
ME: Livia how many kids do you want?
Livia: Six, except I don't want six if after I have the first one I decide that it hurts too bad. Then that number is going to change for sure!
Me: Trey how about you?
Trey: Four kids, two girls and two boys (spoken like an only boy who wants a brother but absolutely adores his sisters!).
Me: Ainslee how many kids do you want?
Ainslee: LOTS!
Me: how many is lots?
Ainslee: (holding up her five fingers) Five!!!
Me: Audrey, how many kids do you want:
Audrey: 3
Me: Aurianna, how many kids do you want?
Aurianna: Two, one girl and one boy and that is all.
Me: Two, you only want two?
Aurianna: (in very hushed tones) I used to want lots. Then you told me how the babies get in there, and now I only want two. And two is pushing it.

Well at this point, lets just say that I was laughing, hard! I was trying not to laugh, really I was, but I just didn't expect her to say that at all and it caught me off guard. Can you tell we had the talk recently? One day when Aurianna has three or four kiddos running circles around her I will bring this story up and tell her what she said! I am so thankful for my five blessings that put a smile on my face every day and look forward to what they say tomorrow !!!

Milana

No comments: