“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Welcome Summer Vacation!!!

The last day of school snuck up on me this year. Last year I was so prepared, I made Heritage Makers books for the teachers two months before school was out and had a list a mile long for summer activities! This year, I realized the day before school was out that I hadn't done teacher gifts yet...AHHHH! Luckily we were working on a fun project at home and Aurianna chose to give some to her teachers for their desks!!!









These were a lot of fun to make...if you want to know how let me know! We are using them as their reward jars this summer, every time they do something impressive they get gum...so far they are loving it!

Aurianna had a blast at her last day of school party! In the morning they had a read-a-thon and then in the afternoon they played a ton of fun games! It made me so excited for next year; I am going to be Aurianna's class mom...oh the possibilities have me giddy!!!















And these are Aurianna's adorable teachers! Mrs.Chambers and Mrs.Maetonga! Aurianna adores them, she is going to miss them so much!










2 comments:

Katies Korner said...

Those are the gumball things? Super cute! Wish we had made them in St. George. You will have to show me how. :)

Becky said...

Oh... read-a-thons! My favorite. Bring a book, a pillow, your blanket and "act" like you were reading when you were really whispering with your friends in the corner. It was the best! Like a sleepover but during school!