“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Falling off the Face of the Earth is a weird sensation!

You can thank Qwest for my fall away from blogging for awhile. After six months of dealing with their shenanigans (yes, I often use words from my mother's vocabulary!), I decided it was time to part, thus leaving me in the hunt for good Internet service. I have gallons of stories and pictures to share, but they are all on my computer (the pictures, not the stories!). Hopefully I will soon be feeling the comfort of my own keyboard under my fingertips!

I just wanted to share a quick thought that requires no pictures, and doesn't have anything to do with my kids. They will get their day in my blogging sun soon enough!

I wax...yes, that is right, the secret is out of the bag. Every month I pay a lovely little visit down to my Chinese torture lady. I don't know why more people don't wax...plucking just hurts so darn bad, over and over and over again...OUCH! But waxing, just one little (well sometimes big) OUCH...and you are done!!! I call my waxing lady a torturer because I truly think that she gets pleasure out of my pain. She is wonderful though and I walk away smiling every time! Although there is one little worry that I have every time I put my bushy eyebrows into her hands. As I look at her face as she comes upon me with the wax, I can't help but notice her eyebrows. They are painted on, which leaves me wondering...is that on purpose? Was she just born with very little eyebrow hair, or was she waxing her own brows at some point in time and whoop, there went the eyebrow. And yet, I swallow my fear and close my eyes and pray that she will not have a slip of the hand. All in the name of beauty I guess...well that and the fact that I really hate tweezers!!!

So, take my advice, put the tweezers away, find a lady that actually has real eyebrows and JUST WAX IT!!! I have another great torture lady down in Sandy if you are down that direction...she is even worse than mine...she grunts as she rips it off and doesn't speak a lick of English...but she is really, really good! Let me know if you need one.

Sorry for the very random post after such a long absence. Next week you will be sick of me and all of my pictures, so just write this one off to my oddness (my husband and brother Alex can attest that it appears way too often!). Ta, Ta for now!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I agree!! WAX IT!! I just started waxing my eyebrow about 2 years ago and it was the best thing ever and now i am hooked! The girl i go to speaks english though... :) I love the take on it with your grunting women while waxing yours! ha ha!! The painted on eyebrows?? Why?? that interests me... i think you should ask her about it. I would love to read that post on what she said about it.

Janalee Hubbard said...

Ha Ha! I love your candidness! I love to know other women's beauty secrets! I personally am too big of a chicken to wax, or I just don't know where to go. I have a mini eyebrow shaver to keep them in check.