“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Sunday, August 9, 2015

"I GOT TO BE THE LIGHT!"

I know that the last post was about little Audrey, but I had to blog about her little experience today before I forgot. I always think that I will remember...I never do.

Today was a little different for everyone because I had to go to Ward Council first thing this morning and amazingly enough (of course right before school starts) the girls were still asleep when I left this morning at 7:45. Tad got everyone ready and to church, I saw them and gave everyone snuggles during sacrament and then Tad (lucky duck) got to spend the rest of church in the Primary with the kids. When I came out of Relief Society, Aurianna was waiting for me in the hall and the church was quiet...I guess we got out a little late! Tad had taken the rest of the kids home....it was a very weird day to spend Sunday morning hardly seeing my kiddos!

When I walked into the house, Audrey was waiting for me with the biggest smile on her face and her arms wide open! Oh how I love that girl! She said to me..."Mom, guess what...I was the LIGHT today!" It took me a second to realize what she was talking about (SPOTLIGHT), before she was continuing on a million miles an hour!  She continued on, "They told me that I like turquoise and pink and that my eyes are BLUE!" She was so excited that she was the LIGHT and that they knew so much about her! I wish that I would have taken a picture of her right then with her eyes so big and bright! Ainslee (her Irish twin) came in at that point overhearing Audrey and said, "I thought they were talking about me because I like turquoise and pink and my eyes are blue, but then they said JUNE and I am in February!" Wow I love my kids! It is the little moments like this that I want to remember forever and ever!

No comments: