“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Friday, September 26, 2014

Fall Part 2

We decided after much prayer and discussion that I would homeschool the girls for preschool this year. All three of the older kids all went to several years of preschool. But when I started looking for preschools,  I just didn't feel good about any of our options for them.  After talking to my mom who is retiring from teaching this year and my dear friend Nicole Nelson, who
Ainslee climbing to get the moon! 

Audrey climbing for the moon!

At our favorite library!

The man sorting the apples on the machine handed the girls small apples through the window!!!
Apple day! Bonus Apple slushies and a swing!


Painting the horse!

homeschools all three of her children, I was armed and ready to take on this wonderful experience of teaching them and getting them ready for kindergarden! Pinterest of course helps! It has been an absolute joy! I love the opportunity to take what we are learning in school throughout our day in everything we do! They have loved the projects, the games, the songs and the science projects! They pretty much love all of it! Around the same that we started a new branch of our library opened! It has an early literacy area for the kids...it is AMAZING!!! The girls wake up in the morning and it is the first place that they ask to go. There are so many educational toys and it gives me an opportunity to use tools that we don't have at home! I also get to load up on all of our books for the week!

Ainslee is doing amazing in school! She is so excited for kindergarden and she is so anxious to read! She loves horses and all animals, but horses the most! A few weeks ago Livia was invited to a birthday party at a horse stable. We went to pick her up and Ainslee was able to pet all of the horses and they even got to paint them! It was incredible and Ainslee was in heaven! Ainslee loved going to the pool all summer and still asks if we get to go back any time soon! She loves singing and dancing and playing pretend with her sister! She is a protector, even at just four years old. She always wants to make sure that everyone around her (especially her little sis) know that they are safe! She is an amazing little girl and we are so blessed to have her in our family!


Sensory play!
Audrey...well this little one is definitely the youngest of the group! She is our little princess in every way! She loves anything princess, girly, dolly and glittery. She is shy on the outside, but may randomly break out in song if handed a microphone. She memorizes songs like nobody's business! She loves music and loves to dance! She is loving school too! She is so excited to see what letter we are working on and she loves going around the house looking for that letter or finding things that start with the letter! She still loves to snuggle and be with mom all the time (which I am not fighting at all!)!

I am one lucky mama to be able to hang out with this crew everyday! My days are field with joy and love and laughter (and laundry and dishes and driving!)! I am having a blast spending my evening preparing for preschool and I am even tossing around the idea of starting to offer art classes in my area! At the beginning of the summer I started a program called Whole 30! It was AMAZING!!! I lost about 35 pounds and felt amazing. I stayed strong for about 54 days until we were in Utah and then kind of got off track. But I am determined to meet my health goals for the year so I started looking for an exercise program a few weeks ago. I tried Crossfit to begin with, but I could only go to the class at 5 am and some mornings that didn't even work. I girlfriend told me about a place just down the street, so I have joined that. They have a great spinning class and yoga class. The days in between I run on the treadmill which has been really fun! The child care area has been really nice and the girls look forward to going everyday (which helps mom stay on track!)! I just signed up for Livia and I to run a 5K in November!
Caterpillars! 
I should mention Tad in all of this craziness too! He is doing well! He is in heaven right now with all of the soccer, football and a great season of fantasy baseball! He loves going to all of the kids soccer games...love isn't even the right word for it...it is stronger than that! He plans out the weekends all week and looks forward to the games almost more than the kids do!

Everyone is happy and healthy! We are so blessed to have one another and live in such a beautiful place. We have faced trials that are more than we ever imagined, but I think that it has brought us together even more and even closer to our Savior and we are so thankful for that. Happy fall to everyone! Go out and get something pumpkiny!

1 comment:

Absolutely Adorable Ashby Idols said...

I am so proud of you, Milana. Of course, I am a bit biased. But look at your kids... unique, individual...self motivated, curious... full of wonder... and most importantly... LOVED! Way to go Milana and Tad. Love you all!