“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”
Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Out of the mouth of Livia...




I still have a ton to post from December and all of our projects from the last week, but I had to take a time out for a short post. I think that I already have a journal full of things that come out of Livia mouths, and yet I am still amazed at the things that she comes up with! This was our conversation last week on the way to the library...
(background...I had just announced that the next day the kids were going to go pick out their marble gift for earning all of their marbles...)

Livia: Why can't we go now and get our marbles?
Me: Well we are really busy today.
Livia: But why can't we go today?
Me: Well mommy needs to get some time to see how much money I have in the bank (explanation...mom should have balanced the check book days ago and hasn't done it yet...oops!)
Livia: WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY? OH NO, WE ARE POOR
Me: We aren't poor (as she is running along the sidewalk to Trey)
Livia to Trey:(with her dramatic flare for all library goers to hear) TREY GUESS WHAT, WE ARE POOR!
Trey: (confused shoulder hunch) what's poor?

As I watched, I pictured a little cartoon balloon above Liv's head filled with shoes and dresses pop! Poor Livia!

1 comment:

Alex Grimnes said...

I am consistantly amazed at how clever and unique the kids are. All I can think about is what was going through Trey's mind.